- Guess Who's a Mess (preview) 0:00
Get the latest Brad Sucks updates:
Well, if this isn’t lovely I don’t know what is:
Sorry I butchered the cut of the song. My teacher made me make a whole bunch of versions and then she chose the worst one.
- I wouldn’t call myself a talented dancer and I hate watching myself do this (I was so nervous and it shows) but I thought it’d be interesting to post anyway. So, yep.
Went through some of the remixes I’ve heard for tracks off Guess Who’s a Mess:
Just in a Phase (Elijah Lucian remix)
Thanks for the Add (antisocial industrial remix)
Model Home (dotjot feel the Good Life remix)
Fluoride (Piero Peluche remix)
Come Back (Karstenholymoly remix)
The First Thing About Me – (Building on Fire remix)
Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (Piero Peluche remix)
Come Back (diistinazione_altrove remix)
Hey, we did that show in Toronto a while ago and it was good I think. I lost my jacket and gloves, I remember that part.
Since then I’ve been reading about and practicing cognitive behavioral therapy (my favorite cognitive distortions: magnification and jumping to conclusions). I’ve been working at jobs for money and also working on music and recording and looking for fun new projects. Some of what I’ve been up to:
1) I have about 18 Brad Sucks demos I’m working on. Not sure what’ll happen to them just yet. Post them online? New album? Singles? I don’t know what the right thing to do is in this crazy new future.
2) I helped record a live performance of Chef Bruce and The Burning Sensations at his cool place called The Branch in my home town. On Saturday I saw Jim Bryson there and his lyrics and songs made me cry a little. Uggghhh emotions, why do they exist, what are they even for.
3) I helped my friend c.layne do the Dodged a Bullet Songfight which is apparently still in progress. c wrote and did all the hard work on the song, I just gussied it up a bit.
4) Today I’m wrapping up a quick last-minute song for Astroloco — an upcoming adventure game about space trains (trains in space!!) that you can vote for on Steam Greenlight here. I was really into adventure games as a kid, particularly the funny ones like Space Quest and Monkey Island, so it’s fun to be involved in that even only slightly at the very end.
That’s all I can remember. Catch you later.
I’m pretty sure the album’s available everywhere it’s supposed to be. iTunes, Amazon, Bandcamp, CD Baby, Spotify, Rdio and now finally Jamendo (thanks to everyone who helped out with that). Oh and I’m slowly getting it on Soundcloud. Also a big thank you to everyone who’s been buying it. For a while I wasn’t sure if I’d get to still be a musician but it looks like I’m OK for now.
It’s -28C outside right now. That’s cold.
It’s been 2013 for like two days! Happy New Year, everybody. 2012 was a tough one but overall good. With the album out the door I’m excited about working on new stuff and getting better at writing and recording music. It’s been really nice, I forgot how much I missed it while I was in album finishing hell.
My first step was to upgrade my monitors. After a lot of research I bought a set of Focal CMS 65‘s and oh my god I’m happy with them. I feel like I can hear everything in the mix now. It’s actually a little horrifying because there are all these recording choices I didn’t realize I was making but it’s exciting, it feels like I can control sound better now.
Meanwhile, I’m getting ready for our Toronto show on the 26th.
Hey, the new album’s on iTunes finally. That took longer than I thought it would. It’s also on Spotify and most other digital services now and you can of course still get it on this here website. I posted track #5 to Youtube because did you know that’s where kids listen to music now?
Me? Oh, I’ve been busy filling orders and I turned 36 yesterday. Trying to do what I can to promote the album but I’m excited to get back to work on music. It’s a big relief no longer being creatively jammed up with this thing. My plan is to never do that again. It’s gonna be great.
Guess who’s got a new album out? That’s right, it’s this guy. And probably other people. Click the cover art to check it out and possibly buy it:
It’s called Guess Who’s a Mess. Ten songs of kinda loud uptempo stuff. I think it’s about dealing with people’s expectations. It should be on iTunes soon.
The CD release party is tonight at Zaphod Beeblebrox in Ottawa. I’ll be on CBC radio today at 3 to say some things with my mouth.
Thanks to everybody for their patience and help and support while I struggled through the production of this record and my other records and my whole life. Here’s the latest song I posted to Youtube:
Creep me on Twitter if you require further updates.
I did an interview on 9to5 (dot cc):
And also an interview on the Music Manumit podcast: