What’s awesome is spending lots of time on the phone with OfficeMax customer service trying to get them to do something about my December 10th order of bubble envelopes that still hasn’t even shipped. They claim one business day shipping on most orders and have the delivery date on the order projected as December 12th, 2003 which is practically a million billion years ago. The status code even says “PIP – order received, filling order in delivery center” like I’m some sort of sub-idiot man-jerk.

I am in fact typing this up as I’m sitting on hold listening to OfficeMax advertisements (“when you think ink, think OfficeMax!”). This is the third time I’ve called them today, the previous two times I’ve been transferred to other departments. One time I wound up on the phone with a bank for some reason which, the lady I was talking to there agreed, was totally the wrong place for me to be.

This is actually an improvement over the two other occasions I’ve called them since the 10th asking about my order. Both of those times I was told someone would call me back and nobody did. So I at least feel a bit better about being transferred around even if it means each time I reach a dead end I have to hang up and call back and wait for one of their representatives to be free. I at least feel like I’m just one transfer away from a solution rather than waiting for a phone call that will never ever come, ever.

If there is ever a market for tell-all books by musicians (possibly with lots of swearing) on the subject of postage and envelopes and office supplies and maybe the crushing impact of this knowledge on a person’s ability to write songs, I am going to god damn write it.

Still on hold. I hope I’m at least getting punk rock indie cred or something for this.

Posted on - January 5, 2004 [at] 2:53 pm by Brad
Tagged in -

posh spice on OfficeMax
February 19, 2007 at 9:34 am

Right on gelnet!!!

I think their all pissed off because they’re being forced back into the fast food business, which is where they belong.

Would you like fries with that?

lol ;o)

sophie on OfficeMax
February 19, 2007 at 10:13 am

Im sorry twinkie Carryover is paying us to say all of this if we dont help him he does not get his bonus

Sophie on OfficeMax
February 19, 2007 at 10:55 am

Ok let the truth be known Carryover and I work for OfficeMax Corp. All the names are made up except mine and his Carryover has been making me talk bad about all of you
To help himself here at corp. omg ill probably get fired for this Carryover showed this site to his boss and was told to try and counter act this site and Carryover recruited me to help him I just cant do it anymore SORRY TO ALL OF YOU!!!

posh spice on OfficeMax
February 19, 2007 at 11:14 am

who the fuck is carryover?

samuel on OfficeMax
February 19, 2007 at 11:18 am

I happened into one of OfficeMax’s new “Advantage” format stores over the weekend. WOW!!! What an improvement over depot and staples. I think this is a model for all in retail to follow, regardless of the commodity. Keep up the good work OfficeMax and don’t listen to the haters here. You are doing the right thing.

OFFICECRAPER on OfficeMax
February 19, 2007 at 1:11 pm

posh spice (who the fuck is carryover?)

Do you just log onto a site and post something really fast without reading WTF if you read the other pages Pushover is all over them what a ignorant statement to make
UNLESS you really are Pushover

Bushwacker on OfficeMax
February 19, 2007 at 1:34 pm

Shouldn’t she be spending David Beckham’s money?

Bushwacker on OfficeMax
February 19, 2007 at 1:54 pm

The “Advantage” is smoke and mirrors,lipstick on a pig, whip cream on sh!t…etc.

posh spice on OfficeMax
February 19, 2007 at 2:42 pm

Bushwacker is a stuffed pig.

Officecrapper is a dick with his head up his ass.

OfficeMax stores are the best and the rest of you worthless morons suck.

If and when Carryover comes back to this blog, you’ll have some explainin to do.

February 19, 2007 at 4:46 pm

LOL Pushover you sound like such a retard coming to a web site set up for people to complain about OfficeMax (Brad sucks) –OfficeMax. You’re the only one here that looks and sounds stupid what a FAG

February 19, 2007 at 4:49 pm

(If and when Carryover comes back to this blog, you’ll have some explaining to do.)

WOW SCARY SCARY SCARY

Sounds like a empty threat!!! :)

posh spice on OfficeMax
February 19, 2007 at 4:53 pm

Pusover is not a fag. He fucked your wifes brains out last night, just ask her. Up the ass then in the mouth too.

tuborg on OfficeMax
February 19, 2007 at 5:06 pm

crapper,

you need to shut your fat stupid head. if u don’t like working at office max, quit and find something better. only a mindless idiot would stay in a job they don’t like. stop crying, get off your fat ass and do something to change that which you don’t like. how many more ways can we explain this to you? what don’t you understand? have you no brain at all? my pet goldfish has more brains than you and twinkie put togehter. you are truley a sad sack of worhtless shit…

February 19, 2007 at 10:36 pm

tuborg (really Pushover)

You skinny little fuck you know what your problem is you have this yearning to be the center of attention since you were a little kid and you have never grown out of it to this day you unconsciously don’t care if that attention is positive or negative and since you don’t get the positive in you work or life you come on here and get the negative but you don’t care all your mind knows is you need the attention so you make your own little world here your sick and you need help and deep down you know it
Tell me not to talk you skinny pathetic sap I could fracture your skull with one punch
And as you read this even know you don’t like what you are reading your mind is saying YES YES you FAG and oh how I will laugh at you when OMX turns there back on you

and its Officecrapper to you you pitiable emaciated larp

February 19, 2007 at 10:39 pm

Need a dictionary (phrase book) ya FAG:)

February 19, 2007 at 10:43 pm

(708Bushwacker
February 19th, 2007 at 1:54 pm
The “Advantage” is smoke and mirrors,lipstick on a pig, whip cream on sh!t…etc.)

LOL OMFG Bushwacker I just scrolled up this is funny (and true) then shit

twinkie on OfficeMax
February 20, 2007 at 8:31 am

Officecrapper stop lowering yourself to Pushover’s level, your better than that. It’s one thing to complain about a company but reading over this the past few days Pushover is being verbally abusive which I will not lower myself to his level. We all have are opinions about OMX and whatever Pushover says will not change anybody’s minds. Pushover for some reason you think this is the only web-site that attacks OMX, there is another and Officecrapper I know you know which one I’m talking about. I’ll meet you over there, where intelligent people meet.

tuborg on OfficeMax
February 20, 2007 at 8:41 am

office crapper,

I don’t know what your beef with pushover is and I don’t care, but either quit your job at office max or stop complaining. Doing both at the same time only makes you look pathetic and stupid, like John.

P.S. You’ll punch no one nowhere. You’re a big pussy, which is why you don’t have the balls to quit a job you hate. I’d hit you with so many lefts, you’d beg for a right. Fuck you.

twinkie on OfficeMax
February 20, 2007 at 8:50 am

Pushover you can stop the multi-personality games now.

sophie on OfficeMax
February 20, 2007 at 10:19 am

twinkie,

you wouldn’t know intelligence if it slapped you in the face. Go ahead and bitch and complain on the “other” site. You’re useless and boring the shit out of everbody here.

sophie on OfficeMax
February 20, 2007 at 10:32 am

My dear twinkie I am so so sorry I did not mean that please forgive me ill try and be a better person

February 20, 2007 at 10:33 am

brad hope this is not some sick joke from carryover if not thank you also nice site you have here

February 20, 2007 at 10:36 am

twinkie
Your right thanks for the reality check LOVE YA!!!

twinkie on OfficeMax
February 20, 2007 at 11:19 am

Love ya too Officecrapper, like I said your better than that. It was starting to turn into a circus. It’s amazing what people can say about another person but I guarantee they wouldn’t do it to my face.

Thanks BRAD we don’t need that type of talk here.

Brad on OfficeMax
February 20, 2007 at 11:27 am

Okay, everyone settle down. I deleted the message impersonating me. If you’re all going to fight here I’ll close comments on this post.

candy on OfficeMax
February 20, 2007 at 11:55 am

Thanks Brad. You might also want to consider blocking Officecrapper for excessive vulgarity and stupidity.

February 20, 2007 at 1:07 pm

Your damn right twinkie will miss see you on here if brad does shut the site down
Come to think of it its what some would love to see especially OMX CORP.
This tactic that has been used is right out of the book of liberalism on how to cause havoc and defeat your enemy
Hope brad does not shut it down he had something good going on here

February 20, 2007 at 1:16 pm

as for Pushover I dont work at officeMax anymore Not for a long time BEST thing that ever happened to me got my life back my sanity back my body back hell the negativity that omx breeds within itself is gross I just feel very sorry for the ones that are still there I watched so many people change right before my eyes it was very sad including myself
But im ok now wish I left the 1st year I was there my fault 3 and a half years was just to much I will NEVER work for a co. like OfficeMax again EVER

candy on OfficeMax
February 20, 2007 at 1:36 pm

yeah, it really sounds like you’re over it officecrapper. Maybe you will get over it if you ever grow some balls and start looking for a new job instead of obsessing about Omax here on this blog. Your picture must be next to the definition of Jerk Off in the dictionary. You are a pathetic loser. Butch up.

February 20, 2007 at 1:45 pm

candy (Pushover)

I have my own business for 2 years now make more money then I ever would have at OMX (or you unless you’re the ceo) lots of free time to do the things I like would not trade it for the world sometimes candy (Pushover) things are not what they appear I wish you the best at a 3rd world co. good luck ever making more then you are right now at OMX do yourself a favor and move on you will love yourself for it and wont have this big chip on your shoulders anymore trust me

candy on OfficeMax
February 20, 2007 at 1:51 pm

blah, blah, blah, bullshit.

I’m not carryover or pushover but I do work for omax. If you are what you say, you wouldn’t be obsessing so much about officemax.

We’re not going anywhere expcept up, so if you don’t like it, tough shit. Wallow here in your sorrow with twinkie the pig. Both of you deserve all the bad that comes your way and if I ever find out who you are, I will kick your fat, lazy ass.

twinkie on OfficeMax
February 20, 2007 at 1:57 pm

Brad, block candy off Pushover/Carrover in disguise.

Thanks

twinkie on OfficeMax
February 20, 2007 at 4:25 pm

Candy/Pushover; You need to knock it off. You are starting to be disrespectful and your doing this to have Brad stop the communicating.

Brad like i said, Block Candy.

Bushwacker on OfficeMax
February 20, 2007 at 4:58 pm

Blah, blah, blah…as we digress. I just had a visual of David Beckham stuffing Posh like a pig…lucky guy.

Timmy on OfficeMax
February 21, 2007 at 6:28 pm

Must feel like the spotlights on your store when it sold the microsoft vista software before the release date in arizona, oh wait in the company. Microsoft sent out warnings about presales and still dropped the ball. They should be getting hit with a $100,000 fine which is fair game. The training store manager is medeocre at best. From what i heard, the training store manager was on the chopping block. As do many, I gladly await his departure.

Requireed on OfficeMax
February 23, 2007 at 12:04 pm

The real problem is no all the plans Officemax has for restructing the company or the way it does sales.

The problem is Officemax morale is extremely low and no one seems to have a plan for fixing it other than lets push the negativity out the door.
Just because you can cut out the cancer, does not mean you are fully healed.
Theres no focus on development.
New cancers just spring up everyday from frustration.
Officemax is a revolving door company and need to focus more on Employee retention which does not happen by slapping up the word BEST on posters.

Requireed on OfficeMax
February 23, 2007 at 12:05 pm

ooops should have been a T at the end of No there…=)

February 23, 2007 at 12:14 pm

WELL SAID :)

Lindsay on OfficeMax
February 24, 2007 at 5:20 pm

I dunno. I work at the OfficeMax in Kahului, Hawaii. I’m only 17 and I get paid pretty decently- $10 an hour. I haven’t really had problems with the managers or fellow employees or anything. The retention rate of employees is extremely low, though. I’ve only been working since June 2006 and I’ve been working there longer than several other people. It seems we get new associates every week… and lose them just as quickly. I try to cater to customers’ needs as much as possible, but it’s really difficult when they don’t believe what you say when you’re a 17 year old girl. It bothers me that in our branch, at least, cashiers are cashiers and sales associates are sales associates. Only one other girl and I work both as a cashier and on the floor. I can see where it would be frustrating for customers asking cashiers where to find certain products- they really have no idea. We also seem to hire many more cashiers than we do sales associates… while we should be doing the reverse. So basically, all things in consideration, I can see where customers get frustrated. Most of the employees are still “Associates in Training,” and the cashiers have no idea about products offered in the store. As a branch in Maui, we rarely have all of the ad items in store. I think if the customers knew the circumstances and politics of Office Max, they would be more understanding of why they get the service that they get. But it’s really not the customer’s responsibility to know such things. If we worked on the “boundless” philosphy and our retention rate, Office Max could improve by leaps and bounds. We just have to get our stuff together already…

February 25, 2007 at 5:19 am

I think they need to throw boundless right out the door its one of the things that has screwed omx up

PS. Liked your post

Requireed on OfficeMax
February 25, 2007 at 11:22 am

yes good post Lindsay…but remeber if you think your or others are being treated unfairly you should speak to your management about it. The store cant improve until its well rounded and the Management staff should have a plan in place to get all trained on everything. Staff should rotate on registers and selling floors. Anyone in your store should be able to sell all products and sales lead.

Boundless just needs to grow a little. Many stores use it but it should not be so rigid
that you risk your job if its not inplace during a really Hot selling floor.

rico on OfficeMax
March 10, 2007 at 5:48 pm

boundless blew big time. i always had fun with it though. making jokes and such.

Wicked Step Mother on OfficeMax
April 4, 2007 at 12:01 pm

I’m a assistant manager at OfficeMax. Advantage stores? What’s the advantage if it’s still OfficeMax? I have had to watch my associates be continually abused by a corporate philosophy that says one thing in public yet at the same time continues to employ people who so obviously have no clue as to what a manager should be.

How can Boisie expect our stores to provide this excellent customer service they so proudly boast about when they see their employees as little more than a thing to be exploited and abused? I’ve given up, I’m fed up, I’ve gone over the heads of so many and for what? To be told as long as they follow Policy on progressive discipline they don’t see it as a problem.

When will management at all levels realize that it is the people they employ; the associates in their stores that their success ultimately depends upon? Hours are cut and we ask our associates to do the impossible. No, we don’t ask, we are suppose to DEMAND that they do the impossible. If they don’t, no problem. We will just threaten their jobs. Oh yeah, that should make for a loyal employee. NOT!

If I didn’t need the money I wouldn’t be here. I’ve seen enough to know that this is not a business I want to be associated with. My only regret is that when I go I know that there is no one else who will even attempt to protect them from a tyrannical store manager.

An Assistant Manager

OfficeCrapper on OfficeMax
April 6, 2007 at 3:32 pm

So well said Wicked Step Mother

Crap-o-max on OfficeMax
April 7, 2007 at 10:27 pm

I really dont see this Advantage store layout as the cure-all for officemax’s issues. I really dont seem to get this whole hiring thing in corporate and upper management, when we’re told to cut payroll at the store level. If this company isnt being ran ass backwards, im not too sure what is.

Just to give you an idea, we are running 4 key carriers short, and we still cant hit payroll. That should make you chuckle a little. In addition, we are one of high volume stores in our district.

I think the company is seriously penny pinching due to some challenged people in corporate that can’t balance a checkbook. Wish everyone there could just hang onto their check one extra cycle and cash two checks at the same time. Make them overdraft 3000 times. That would be a banks wet dream.

Wicked Step Mother on OfficeMax
April 9, 2007 at 12:00 pm

The advantage stores are just a desperate attempt to sail a so-called blue ocean by redefining the market by creating a non-existent one. It’s a nice concept for a store, too bad though… Someone now needs to convince this target market that first they do exist and then that it is to their advantage to pay more for their office supplies, because after all, they’re in a pretty little boutique setting. I have to wonder if they really thought that through. Judging from sales in these concept stores I would say have to say nope, not a thought went in to marketing.

If you keep in mind that OMX corporate has nothing but contempt for those of us at store level it would really all make perfect sense. I am in what was once a high-volume store. Now we have competitors situated in the very area where we once drew our largest customer base. Corporate tells us it’s not the competition that is a problem, it’s the associates. OK let me get this straight, we have half the footsteps in the stores because they live closer to a much less expensive place to shop and it’s the associates fault? So much for reality.

As for penny pinching, it’s just to make us more appealing to the shareholders. We are a publicly traded company. It all goes back to the beginning when someone cooked the books to make the retail buy look like a good idea for Bosies shareholders. It wasn’t and eventually they found that out. Now we pay for that dishonesty.

Oh well, maybe some day I will be out of this place. Until then, thanks for the opportunity to vent.

GOOD TO GREAT on OfficeMax
April 13, 2007 at 9:53 am

They have been trying to move from good to great for 5 years, not there!!Give them another 5 and they will be there or come up with another book. HAHA

carryover on OfficeMax
April 17, 2007 at 9:42 am

Wicked Step Mother,

You are part of the problem, not the solution. It’s too bad that your lack of intelligence limits you to a job you hate so much. Grow some balls, suck it up and move on. Afterall, how much pay are you giving up as an assistant manager at a retail office supply store? Can’t you make just as much as night shift manager at Wawa? You are a jerk off, just like OfficeCrapper and Crap-O-Max. Hopefully we will make the decision for you and fire your sorry ass.

carryover on OfficeMax
April 17, 2007 at 9:42 am

Wicked Step Mother,

Wicked Step Mother on OfficeMax
April 19, 2007 at 1:06 pm

So carryover, should I lower myself and respond in like kind or mourn your position as an OfficeMax minion?

Comments are closed on this post.