September demo: Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! [5 MB]

It’ll be track #4 on Guess Who’s a Mess.

Tomorrow I’m going to be putting all the demo instrumentals and vocals online on that page so anyone can mess with them before I’m done. Stay tuned, etc.

Posted on - September 28, 2009 [at] 3:25 pm by Brad
Tagged in - , , ,

dp on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
September 28, 2009 at 6:22 pm

Man that was great! I dig the upbeat feel and the lyrics. It sounds so easy going and simple but yet there is a ton of stuff going on…nice!:)

baggy on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
September 28, 2009 at 11:56 pm

Hmm.. sounds a little too happy-go-lucky for a Brad Sucks tune, but I’m still digging it.

Korpil on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
September 29, 2009 at 9:49 am

Cool demo! I really liked the song!

I’ll be waiting for the rest of the record!

Lancelot on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
September 29, 2009 at 6:30 pm

God, I love every single demo you release, really.
Can’t wait for the album to come out !

Btw, I kind of agree with Baggy, this sounds “happy-go-lucky” ^.^

Jack on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
September 29, 2009 at 6:37 pm

Sounds great, I can’t wait for the new album!

Matthew Funk on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
September 29, 2009 at 8:33 pm

Haha, I love brad Sucks, but you could easily mistake this for Beck!

Ignacio on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
September 29, 2009 at 11:44 pm

sorprendente como siempre sigue asi

Svingstang on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
September 30, 2009 at 5:32 am

Just so you know, you have fans in Norway as well. Keep up the good work. I’m gonna buy the cd as soon as it is released.

retrodog on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
September 30, 2009 at 1:24 pm

Pretty smooth, in a good way though. Great ‘demo’.

ibbert-09 on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
September 30, 2009 at 5:19 pm

I rather like this “happy-go-lucky” thing. Keep up the great work, Brad.

Sammeh on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
October 2, 2009 at 1:45 pm

Hooray for Brad! everybody spread the word, world needs more good music like THIS. Gonna buy me some albums soon as I get some spare money, keep up the good work!

:D

Ali Imran Zaidi on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
October 3, 2009 at 2:15 pm

This is great! Always a fan of your work.

CL on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
October 5, 2009 at 11:25 am

:D

pray on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
October 10, 2009 at 8:33 am

OK, a little bit of painfully honest truth from another Brad Sucks fan. This is NOT a good song, especially since it’s another Brad song. The tune is just too poppy, too cheesy, too lame for your standards, Brad. Meaningless lyrics, no message, weird background and voice effects, pointless optimism, an aura of stupidness surrounding the whole thing. Overall: the song is a total let-down (and I thought Waste Of TV was mediocre). I’d really advice you to make the album more Model Home / Thanks For The Add like and less Waste Of TV / Feel Free like. I hate to write this, but the feedback can’t be all-positive. Keeping fingers crossed for you, man.

Viter on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
October 10, 2009 at 10:13 am

pray i have to disagree on that one…
Please be more open minded on music instead of being one of those “cool” kids who only likes hard music.

I love ALL kind of music and this is a great song, its catchy as hell.

Tbh this is one of my favorite brad sucks songs but maybe thats just me…

pray on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
October 10, 2009 at 4:23 pm

I consider myself open minded. And I may be young, but I’m definitely not a “cool kid who only likes hard music”. Btw since when is Brad hard music? I know that artists evolve musically, but sometimes this evolution takes on a wrong direction. And this song, as the previous one (WoTV), made me worry if Brad’s not starting to lose an amazing musical talent he’s shown us in his previous works. I surely hope I’m wrong, but it doesn’t change the fact that I just dislike this song. Is it forbidden?

Love It on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
October 10, 2009 at 5:19 pm

Aw ‘pray on’ I don’t think it’s fair for you to decide that the song is ‘not good’. Especially since the song does actually have meaningful lyrics, has a message, and actually isn’t really optimistic. I’d urge you to listen through the lyrics again.

Everyone’s entitled to an opinion and you can not like the song, but I really dig it, especially the effects and quirky underlying character.

Ah music, it’s all subjective.

Viter on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
October 10, 2009 at 5:20 pm

Nope it’s not sorry if sound a bit harsh :P
But yeah everybody has their opinion.
But i bet brad still will make some kick ass songs that you will like.

pray on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
October 10, 2009 at 7:44 pm

I don’t really like dismissing songs, but I just found Feel Free a big departure from what I recognise as awesome Brad-sound. It is a matter of taste, after all – this song just doesn’t fit mine.

Y. Gagarin on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
October 11, 2009 at 8:35 am

I think the lyrics are one of his best to date. I love what he did with the instruments and noises in this track, quasi-folk-y, mouth noises, bells and after finally after all the anticipation around 2:50 finally the electric guitar comes in, and you can breathe again.

Mike on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
October 13, 2009 at 2:06 pm

Sounds like Beck, which is a good thing.

johnny_rad on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
September 15, 2010 at 10:24 am

Great Tune!

scooter on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
November 13, 2010 at 8:41 pm

poptastic slaughter of pop plastic culture

well played, Brad.

pacguy19 on Feel Free! Plastic Surgery! (demo)
April 15, 2012 at 9:13 pm

pray, I see this as a parody of spam advertisements (much like “Look and Feel Years Younger” was a few years back). As such, I can forgive cheesy and meaningless lyrics. Enjoy that “this sucks” mentality of yours; I don’t share it.

I do have one complaint, though: Brad, I would get rid of the vocalizations in the beginning. I think it sounds too much like a scratch vocal track that you used to create the other instrumentation and then decided to leave in. Other than that, I like it.