Hey everybody. I accidentally did a show a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty informal. A nice person came all the way from Hungary to see it which was a little nerve-wracking. It went fine though, thank you for coming (if you did).

I’ve been just plain working on my album. Growing a beard. Trying to drink sensibly. Also:  playing some video games here and there. Arkham City comes out next week. I might be too busy to play it, how sad is that. Seriously how sad for me are you right now tell me.

I keep thinking of writing about recording the album because they say you should keep your ‘online presence’ going but that’s so fucking boring. Does anyone really want to read that? “I’ve been re-recording all the basslines.” Oh kick ass, Brad. “I’m enjoying playing bass more.” Awesome, awesome! I’d rather talk about my awesome dog Rufus:

Just look at that fuckin’ guy. What a dude.

But I’m getting restless, which I think is a nice sign. I really want the album to be done so I can move on. I have all these fantasies about how creative I’m going to be when this is over and I’m not working on the same batch of songs anymore. How I shouldn’t wait so long between albums anymore. That all my fussing is really only mildly improving the songs. I should be more spontaneous! I should be more like Prince!

But I also want to obsess over every part of it forever until the end of time. I know that my restlessness will overcome my perfectionism soon though and that, my friends, is how babies are born.

[My new nephew Crue (as in Motley).]

You don’t get asked to be made an uncle, someone just makes you one.

Posted on - October 13, 2011 [at] 11:16 pm by Brad
Tagged in - , ,

Matija on Hello my friends
October 14, 2011 at 12:31 am

Reading about the album progress is not boring at all! Especially for the people who can’t wait for it to come out and are looking forward to it (us). Just you write as often as you get the chance.

Also: more pics of your dog.

Ryan on Hello my friends
October 14, 2011 at 12:56 am

Awesome to hear Brad! I can’t wait to hear the new songs. Thanks again for being such a gent and sharing your talent with my little film.

And yes, more news about the album. I’m fascinated by stuff like that – it’s always cool to hear about someone else’s creative journey/slog. (‘Cause it’s both, right?)

And yes, more pictures of your dog. Rufus, come here boy! Who’s a good dog?

Josh on Hello my friends
October 14, 2011 at 1:00 am

I was just listening to the demos last week when I found them on my mp3 play, and it made me realize how much there hasn’t been updates. It’s good to hear that progress is being made.

Sheena on Hello my friends
October 14, 2011 at 1:03 am

Rufus is one awesome dog.

(The only reason I know about your blog posts is twitter. Good thing you update that :O)

newdarkage on Hello my friends
October 14, 2011 at 1:02 pm

that chicken looks underdone.

spendndamoney on Hello my friends
October 14, 2011 at 8:56 pm

I have been starving for some new music from you…just continue to be creative…spontaneous is good too, but we need your music Brad! Whatever motivates you to do what you have to do in orde to make great music…do that. And remember…it’s all about the music. btw…you don’t suck…

Jack on Hello my friends
October 16, 2011 at 12:44 pm

I am SO SAD that you won’t have time to play Arkham City. I’ll have fun playing it for you.

Fr33rid3r on Hello my friends
October 17, 2011 at 3:44 am

I’m not sure what you mean by “writing about recording” but I’m interested in what motivates artists to write their lyrics and what influenced them in making a particular track.

I’ve just discovered your music and love it.
Thanks!

David Weinberger on Hello my friends
November 1, 2011 at 9:45 am

The opposite of boring. Reading your blog is like listening to your music, except without the music. And it doesn’t rhyme. But it’s still 100% you. Which is a good thing.

Katlyn on Hello my friends
November 28, 2011 at 11:09 am

Hope you eventually got to play Arkham City! I know how it is to not have the time to sit down with an awesome video game.

I’m going to go against the grain and tell you to feel free not to write about the upcoming album when you don’t particularly want to. I don’t want you to become the fucking tease that Diablo Swing Orchestra has become about their upcoming album. Check out their facebook page. It’s ridiculous!

And take your time on the album, man. Doesn’t matter if you release it next month or two years from now; either way, you know we’re going to worship the shit out of it. ;]