fake it video
I need your help making the most cliché music video ever. Send in videos of you performing or lip-synching to my song -- the cheesier and amateur-looking the better!
get the song
1. Choose one or more music video clichés. (What's a music video cliché?)
2. Video yourself singing along to Fake It [mp3], including at least one or more music video clichés. Do the entire song or just a part, anything's fine.
3. Upload your video to Youtube with the tag "bradsucksfakeit".
music video clichés
There's a great list over at Videoville of some music video clichés. It's basically anything overused or tacky or dated you've seen in a music video. Here are some of my favorites:
- Ballcap backwards, sideways -- never straight
- Band at the beach, emoting
- Band in power plant / warehouse
- Clocks spinning
- Driving while rapping
- Girls -- always hos, never achievers
- Money, counting
- Office workers, boring and lifeless
- Old people acting "hip"
- Parents who are uncool
- Smoke machines
- Spontaneous dancing
Of course, feel free to come up with your own.
The deadline for submissions is
September 15th ASAP. The video will then be edited together from those submitted and if yours is used, you'll be credited!
Questions? Videos in other formats? Something else? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org