Katrina and the killer waves
As an update to my previous post (Florida hammered by Katrina and the waves), here are some more Katrina headlines I've spotted:
- Katrina and the killer waves - Sunday Mirror, UK
- Hurricane Katrina Making Waves, Heads West - All Headline News
- KATRINA & THE WAVES - 1010 Wins, NY
- Tropical Storm Katrina Brings the Waves As it Nears Florida - Elites TV, TX
- Katrina and the waves set oil on course for $70 - Investor's Business Daily
- Katrina and its waves spread across southeast Florida - EiTB, Spain
- Crude above $67 as Katrina makes waves - Financial Times, UK
- Tropical Storm Katrina Brings Her Waves Closer to Florida
- Katrina whips up the waves in the Bahamas - Independent Online, South Africa
I'm not even sure why this fascinates me so much. It has this unique natural disaster/one hit wonder/tragedy/walking on sunshine combination that's apparently very attractive to me.
Update: Back on the 24th the Atlanta Journal Constitution ran a story called Tropical storm bears down on Florida that opened with:
South Floridians won't be walking on sunshine when Katrina and her waves crash ashore later this week.
Which is pretty much the motherload.