New music & store makeovers
In preparation for the new album release I've re-vamped all the music/store sections on the site. I'll spare you the boring tech details but it was A LOT OF WORK. Here's some of the new stuff:
- Affected pages are music, I Don't Know What I'm Doing, I Don't Know What I'm Doing Remixed, Outside the Inbox and the store.
- I tried to roll buying and listening together in a non-obnoxious way. Anywhere you can listen to the albums you can also buy them and vice versa.
- Combined physical and digital buying instead of having two separate stores.
- Every album has a flash player on it now for quick listening.
- Variable prices for I Don't Know What I'm Doing. MP3s go for any price including. CDs have a $5 minimum.
- Paid downloads come off the ultra-reliable Amazon S3 servers and free downloads come off my clunky junkbox.
- Buying a CD gets you instant access to digital downloads of that album.
- OGG format is gone, bye bye, hardly anyone bought you!
- Lossless FLAC format is gone (but might come back?) It was more popular than OGG but not by tons and the bandwidth considerations make it rough to give away for free.
There are probably plenty of bugs (please let me know) but good lord am I glad that's over with. Did Prince have to write his own storefronts?