Seven things (about me)
I've been tagged twice now in this Seven Things meme, first by Rob Campbell and second by Dan James. I resist this stuff because I'm boring but I've found reading other people's lists fascinating, so here we go:
- Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post. (see above)
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post. (see below)
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs. (see below)
- Let them know they've been tagged. (you'll just have to trust me)
My seven things:
- Jobs I have wanted in chronological order: Dickie Dee man, baseball player, Sierra On-Line adventure game designer, computer programmer, writer and musician.
- People I have written fan mail to: Mr. T and Michael Jackson. Neither replied. In my letter to Michael I lied and told him I lost my copy of Thriller and could he send me another one (signed please).
- When I was 17 and a desperate aspiring writer, I emailed Terry Pratchett to see if he'd answer my questions about writing. He graciously said "Sure, as long as they're not too dopey". I then asked him what he kept his margins set at in his word processing program. I still regularly think about how stupid that question was.
- The first concert I went to was Corey Hart (opened by Katrina and the Waves) during his Boy in the Box tour. I had backstage passes but Corey had already left when we tried to go up. (I lied and told all my friends I met him anyway.)
- A few years ago I was diagnosed with vitiligo, which is the disease that allegedly turned Michael Jackson white. I'm a pale guy so other than it turning a lot of my hair white it's not very visible unless I tan.
- When I was four or five I had a habit of peeing on my neighbor's steps. I can still remember my dad hosing them off.
- Me: â€œI need a seventh fact about me.â€
Her: "Why don't you say that you try to get angry at animals when they run out in front of the car so that you don't feel as bad if you kill them?"
Me: â€Did I say that?â€
Her: â€That's what you told me to do.â€